Tuesday 25 February 2014

ShaniceEmily; Vivienne Westwood

I am currently working on a collection by ShaniceEmily for Vivienne Westwood, and this blog will let you follow my step by step process.

My intent is to create a visual stimulating blog that has a focus and a interest point.

                   'I felt it was time to come back to base, to a classical point'

                                                              "Vivienne Westwood"

Studying and identifying some  key aspects of a designer of the likes of Vivienne Westwood is stimulating and exhilarating but can also be very challenging, as she has had such a mesmerising career that continues today.
Looking closely at her work and reading interviews, I noticed the strong influence of history within her work and whilst creating my own fresh concept I decided to have this as a strong player in the mix.
The following images are Vivienne Westwood pieces from her early years to current, which are going to follow on to inspire me.

           

                       1; Vivienne Westwood Corset, Private collection/Bridgeman Art Library


                                                        2; British Vogue September 1990


3; Photographs by Robyn Beeche, Dressing Up 1991


4; Photograph by Gunter Parth, Anglophila 2002-3


                                                              5; Photographer Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment